Saturday, May 25, 2019

Day 048: Personal Bootcamp Weekend

Memorial Day is on Monday. So you know what that means? A long weekend!

I wanted to quickly post that I am currently attempting a self imposed bootcamp over the next 3 days. The goal is to get in at least 8 hours of learning and coding each day as if I was attending a real bootcamp.

Of course I want to move along with my learning and ability and one of the obvious reasons why bootcamps work for some people in a short amount of time is due to the sheer number of hours they spend working on the material. I want to create a similar experience for myself (sadly, by myself for now) at a much lower cost. Hopefully, this is something I can do for most weekends and all upcoming long weekends (if the day job permits).

To facilitate this first Personal Bootcamp Weekend, I am using the Complete Web Development Bootcamp w/ Angela Yu (of note that there is a Memorial Day sale going on right now for $11.99; if you don't see a sale price on Udemy, just wait a few days for some kind of holiday. They always have sales). I finished up until the Bootstrap section last night and am starting my long weekend bootcamp right at the JS section. That works for me!

My favorite person right now!
The plan is to try to go as far as possible starting at JS in the next few days. Other tasks will be finishing up the Intro to JS @ codecademy and working on my tip calculator/bill splitter and the day counter app. If I can fit it in, I will also be building a Tabata timer as well. I will also probably use a KhanAcademy course as a break from the intensity occasionally.

Let's ROCK this!


No comments:

Post a Comment