Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Day 024: Javascript Resources

I am still spending at least an hour coding/learning to code each day (the average so far has been ~1.5 hours/day of focused learning). It has been slow going and I feel like it's taking a long time, but I want to be deliberate in absorbing all the information and keep getting more exposure to it.

The list below are all the resources that have been referred to me by various sources and people on learning JS and I figured here's as good as any to list it for reference later. I will probably slowly go through one of these resources in the next 2 weeks.

Today is the start of my busy season at the day job where I'll be working anywhere from 12-15 hours a day (yeah, 7am-10pm is not out of the realm of possibility) for the next 2.5 weeks. Study time will be really limited to the bits of slow time at work because I am pretty much wiped out once I get home. I am probably not going to be able to do much focused learning and have a few video/courses lined up to watch when I am able to. It's not the best kind of learning (I need to be more hands on), but it's the best I can do unless I want to forgo sleep. 😑

That said, I am focusing on more videos for the convenience vs projects for now to keep the exposure up. Here's the plans in the meantime:
Of note is that I finished Practical Javascript on WatchandCode.com last week. I highly recommend it for anyone just starting out. I intend to go over the tutorials another 2-3x again for more practice, so you can add that to the list above.

Lastly, on a whim, I signed up for a 21 day coding challenge with Lighthouse Labs. The grand prize is a trip to Boston, MA! Woo! But only for Canadian residents. Since I am already in Boston, I think I'm A-OK with not winning anything, 😊 but am joining for the learning experience and to work through problems with my accountability group. 


No comments:

Post a Comment