Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Day 101: Round 2 of the #100DaysOfCode

Yesterday was my 100th day for my #100DaysOfCode. There really wasn't much fanfare other than a post to Instagram:


And a quick tweet about it:


Honestly, I was too busy working on the latest project to really make a big deal out of it.

I am glad to have completed Angela Yu's Bootcamp and the FCC Algorithm and Data Structures certificate before day 100 though.

I have no plans to stop doing #100DaysOfCode until I actually make a career change into software development.

What's Next? 


The next few goals will be to complete the Modern Javascript Bootcamp course on Udemy with Andrew Mead.


As a quick note: my gold standard for Udemy instructors is still Angela Yu, but Andrew Mead is a really close second. They have very similar teaching styles with the demonstrations and then challenges. I also find Andrew's method in using NodeJS to teach Javascript to be unique too! Since it gets you used to the terminal (although I have been mostly going through his projects on the console with codesandbox.io so I can code on any computer). I am already making plans to purchase his NodeJS and his GraphQL courses when I finish up other courses/projects.

The other Udemy courses I also intend to go through are my already purchased Complete Web Developer in 2019: Zero to Mastery course by Andrei Neagoie (already about halfway through), the Modern React Bootcamp by Colt Steele, and Advanced CSS and Sass by Jonas Schmedtmann. For most cases, I will try to get through the parts I am already familiar with ASAP and focus on the challenges and projects in these courses. Other more advanced courses I would like to get are ones on MongoDB and D3. While I could purchase these courses now, I really don't want to get into the trap of throwing money at something just so I can feel like I am being productive. So I am forcing myself to complete the courses I already have before getting more.

For projects, I have plans to go through (most of) the projects list on The Odin Project. with the first one being a simple Rock, Paper, Scissors game. A few of these projects are also similar to the various freeCodeCamp projects or the projects in the Javascript30 course by Wes Bos, so it's like I can multi-task with my projects! Not that I am getting bonus points or anything like that from anyone (but myself) but it's nice to feel like I am being efficient, no? The whole point really is to build the damn thing already and get some projects under my belt.

In the meantime, I am going to throw some Edabit or Codewars problems in here and there as well as watching Linkedin Learning videos (formally called Lynda.com) during my down time. I usually don't code along with the LL videos because the courses are often really short (like 1-2 hours) and they really do not go as in depth as I prefer. These are usually reserved for winding down before bed or as I am commuting.

I am not doing any one specific course or set of projects in a linear fashion, but sort of all of them at once as I am going through my curriculum, which is loosely following in the order that freeCodeCamp laid out.


No comments:

Post a Comment