Friday, July 19, 2019

Day 103: First Pull Request!

It's not much but I just made my first pull request to something that is not myself and it was accepted! Huzzah!

I am so stupid excited right now. 

It's not much. It is literally just updating an .md file as a part of the Odin Project curriculum when you complete your projects to include a link to it, but it's still sooooooo exciting to see everything in action and be included!

That said, I did finish my rock, paper, scissors project last night. Give it a whirl, there's a treat if you win! (or lose). It took about 7 hours to do spread between 3 days. I wanted to do a bit more than the minimum viable product, so I spent more time on it than was necessary. The time count actually includes looking up images and sounds for it so it was not all super productive coding, but time well spent that was still important to the project. It was nice to brush up on on a tiny bit of CSS with the project as well.

The next project, doing an etch-a-sketch seems a bit more complicating, but it should be interesting! I always like to quickly peek at code from other folks... and most of them are less than 100 lines of JS. Crazy how something may seem so complicated, but can be done in much fewer lines than I always think it would be.


No comments:

Post a Comment