Friday, April 19, 2019

Day 012: FCC Responsive Web Development Certificate

Hey I got the thing!


Super pumped!

The portfolio project is nothing to write home about. I mostly focused on the overall layout and making it responsive. https://codepen.io/4nn/full/NmMxPQ

I could have put in more little effects here and there with the link hovers, but that's the stuff I already know how to do (for the most part) and didn't really want to spend too much time on that. I do like the look of the minimalism and may even use it as an actual portfolio while I am learning.

So now I finally get to jump into JavaScript! So excited!

I'm still going through Programming Foundations: Fundamentals with Simon Allardice on Lynda.com which I think is an excellent primer. I will probably check out a few more js courses on Lynda as I am working through it in FCC as well. The point is to figure out what works best for me. So far, I am liking the working and reading through a topic on FCC and watching videos in tandem process for learning.

I'm not sure how long the JavaScript Algo and Data Structures section would take, but my goal is to get through it in a month with all the additional materials included. I imagine the bulk of the time will be spent working through the projects. I do have some low level algorithm and data structure understanding from work (lots of spreadsheets, reporting, running simple algos for random selection), so hopefully that will help a bit in those parts.

Onwards and upwards!


No comments:

Post a Comment